Others whose names were prominent in the early days were, the Rev. Fairlie, Mr Tweed, Mr Togo, Major Johnson and Mr Mc.Candlish.
Known as the 'Parent Club' it was the only breed club in existence for five whole years, after which, other Scottish Terrier clubs were formed.
During this period the 'Breed Standard' was drawn up and is little altered today.
The following have held office:
PRESIDENTS(Position created in 1915)
1915 - 1947 Mr W L Mc.Candlish
1947 - 1976 Mr Max Singleton
1976 - 1987 Mrs Lilian Dewar
1987 - 1998 Mrs Elsa Meyer
1999 - 2014 Mr John Gaskell
2014 - present Mr Malcolm Scanlan
SECRETARY'S1883 - 1908 Mr Ludlow
1908 - 1915 Mr W L Mc.Candlish
1915 - 1923 Rev. Fairlie
1923 - 1961 Mrs D S Caspersz
1961 - 1972 Mrs G D Yates
1972 - 1978 Mrs F Wright
1978 - 1984 Miss F E Garard
1984 - 2002 Miss D Blackstone
2002 - 2015 Mrs T Tovey
2016 - (present) Mrs A Beckton
CHAIRMAN(The position of Chairman was created during Mr Singleton's illness in 1976 and has been continued ever since)
1976 - 1978 Mr H Wright
1978 - 1981 Mr F Bristow
1982 - 1995 Mrs L Nepean-Gubbins
1995 - 2015 Mrs M Micklethwaite
2016 - (present) Mrs T Tovey
NOTABLE DATES1903 - First Club Show and dinner, held in conjunction with Bristol KC
1925 - Amalgamated with the South of England STC when it ceased to exist.
1928 - First Club Championship Show judged by Mr Mc.Candlish, entry 209 from 101 dogs.
1933 - Revision of the Breed Standard. 50th Anniversary of the club, dinner dance held the evening before the show, cost 7/6d (37.5p)
1946 - First Championship Show after World War 2, judged by Mrs Winnie Barber, entry 247 from 76 dogs.
1956 - In co-operation with all Breed Clubs, a ballot for judges to be included on an approved list took place. This became the basis for the Breed Council's inaugural list.
1972 - Scottish Terrier Club (England) library formed.
1983 - Centenary year, Open Show judged by Mr Dan Ericsson. Championship Show held at Chicheley hall, judged by Miss Betty Penn Bull, entry 405 from 170 dogs. Dinner held after the show at the Sculpture Gallery, Woburn Abbey.